The Angel Company Stamps - Ideas by Deb

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fall/Thanksgiving Sculpey Clay Pins & Embellishments

I made a few things with my Sculpey Clay Sunday night so you will be seeing several posts of ornaments, pins, and embellishments over the next few days! I'm going to add pin backs to the turkey and pilgrims and use them on name cards for Thanksgiving (either that or I'll use them as embellishments for napkin rings). I'm making the kitty into a pin and giving it to my "baby" who is turning 5 on Friday! I'm not sure what I'll do with the leaves. Maybe I'll add them to the autumn frame that I made the other day.

Created with The Angel Company Stamps:

Charcoal Leaves
Family, Food & Friends
Playful Kitties

I should mention that I stamped the clay before baking. After the clay was cooled, I colored the images. On the smaller pins, I just lightly stamped with black ink. On the leaves, I actually pressed my stamp into the clay a bit harder with a brown color to make an impression. Now...sealing the pins was another story! The only thing that I have found that doesn't smear the Copic ink is Modge Podge. It's not a shiny gloss that I would've liked, but it does the job! If anyone knows what I can spray on Copic ink for a glossy varnish, I'd love to hear from you.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • WOOOOOWWWW!!! I love these! So cute. Awesome idea. I stamped on clay some last year, but I did mine before baking actually imprinting the image into the clay. I haven't had time to try it this year yet. Thanks for inspiring me!

    By Blogger Melisa Waldorf, At November 13, 2008 at 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave your comments. Thank you.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home